The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia 1st Execution Advertisement

Hi H-U,
This advert is pretty compelling evidence that this early model 2446 was offered with with other types of hands. I recall seeing another old advertising page offered on ebay where it showed the big register 2446 Autavia with match stick style hands in place. It would seem Heuer were experimenting with their image.

Remember the Autavia , at this early stage of 1962, was Jack Heuer's first attept at trying to shape , mould & design a new model tool watch.
Perhaps trying to shake off some of the typical styling cues of the 1950's, the dauphine hands were dropped in favour of a more contemporary look. This could also answer the reason so many of these "big eye" Autavia's are popping up with hands other than the dauphines we had expected.

BTW- you have a lovely watch there
- Darren

: Hi all,

: I own (as formerly mentioned) a 2446 in mostly original state
:
: i donĀ“t want to sell it, but would like to know one thing about
: the hands: some of you wrote to me, that the hands on my watch
: are not o.k. - as one can see consulting google. There are only
: 1st- and 2nd-execution hands on the pictures. Some weeks before,
: i took a picture from an e-auction
: and
: saved it in my heuer-pictures-folder. I think the hands on that
: ad are quite similar to the hands on my watch. can anybody help?
: thank you and regards - H.-U.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE