The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
From experience I take a thin knife between the bezel...

The bezel is usually snapped into place, and from experience I've used a thin knife usually one that won't cut you if you mess up. Put the knife between the bezel's bottom part and the top of the bezel holder like a sandwich and then gently twist knife (just a bit) and move to another edge of bezel and repeat until it pops out. You can even pop the bezel with your thumbs but I've found that some are harder in there than they look and I've gone to the knife method to get it out.

~George

: Hi all,
: I need your precious help as I have to replace the insert into an
: 11630 Autavia's bezel.
: I already removed the bezel from the case but don't know in which
: way the insert is attached to the bezel chassis : glued?
: Snapped? Or what else?
: Thanks in advance to anyone will want to drop me a line...
: Best.
: Gianluca

Messages In This Thread

HELP: how to replace an Autavia bezel insert?
From experience I take a thin knife between the bezel...
Re: From experience I take a thin knife between the bezel...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE