The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nice Find!! Looks Good to Me!!

Jonathan:

The more I look at this one, the more I like what I see.

A few quick points:

• The serial number 86048 would be relatively "early" for in the run of third execution dial (as in the Rindt model).
  • This early number might support the theory that this was a prototype / short run for what eventually became this third execution dial. Who knows . . . maybe it is a batch of one, the rare prototype that we all dream of finding.
  • Perhaps the art department was working from this one (or a sibling) in doing the artwork for what became this third execution dial?
  • The photos definitely suggest that the dial has not been refinished.
  • The second hand and worn bezel might also suggest that the whole package is original.
Post more of these photos from more angles . . . it's an interesting watch!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I purchased this watch recently and started to panic, worrying that
: it was a redial, refinished watch as I could not find any
: examples of it with the same font of numbers on the sub dials.
: Then I located an advertisement on Page 45 of the Heuer Autavia
: Chronograph book. It seemed very similar to the watch I had.
: This was not a photograph, it was Heuer marketing art work from
: 1966 according to information found in the book. If any one has
: seen this watch or could shed some light on what it is, it would
: be greatly appreciated. Perhaps we can solve this Heuer mystery.
: Thank You!

: Jonathan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE