The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Here's my Datora from 1973; similar 2-subdial version

This Datora model 2034 uses the manual wind Valjoux 7734 movement. I bought this NOS in 2007 when Old World Jewelers still had their NOS inventory of 1970's Breitlings. This particular model has a two subdial layout version of the same dial on your watch. The Datora also has a rotating bezel. This watch gets little wrist time I'm afraid so, in honor of your post I'm going to wear it today!

: Hi to everybody,
: I am completely fool for my new love,a vintage Breitling Top Time
: "jumbo",38mm in diameter.
: From 1968,a rare example dedicated to motorsport by Bretling.
: Wonderful dial,domed and very racing,amazing index and great
: calibre.
: A really rare pearl fron the sixties,great value added to any
: serious collection of classic chronographs.
: Calibre Venus 178,superb column wheel mechanism.
: To my eye more attractive and bigger than a Carrera 2447,and more
: distintive at wrist.
: Next week it will go to to complete service,new glass and complete
: overhauling.
: What can i say...i'm happy.
: Wish you a nice weekend.

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE