The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fun Posting About the Viceroy Autavia

I just found this great posting -- My Heuer Autavia Chronograph Model 1163 V and How I Found It – Twice -- on a blog, "Larry Talks Tech".

Here's the opening:

"Good design and engineering are symbiotic. Add state of the art technology to both of these elements and you have the basis for a good product. It is no surprise to find these principles working in many successful manufacturers, Apple computers being one of the best examples. However, this is a story that is not about computers, and in itself this is unusual considering the topics found on my website. This is a story that embodies the best principles of design, engineering and technology and how they all came together in a timeless classic, the Heuer Autavia Chronograph, model 1163 V. This is also the story of how I found this watch – twice."

I will leave it to our readers to enjoy the rest of this very interesting and amazing story!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Fun Posting About the Viceroy Autavia
Re: Fun Posting About the Viceroy Autavia
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE