The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Leopard / Hamilton Fontainebleau

: Interesting, but ugly. I'm not sure I "get" the Roman
: numerals on the 70s style watch!! And look at those markers . .
: . strong!!

Jeff,

I think the markers are the same as on my Fontainebleau Chronomatic. I know I am only looking at a picture but I am almost willing to bet that this dial was a Hamilton dial originally which was stripped and re-painted or blank which was painted like this by an aftermarket dial company. Everything about this watch is Hamilton from the crown to the case-back to the movement. I think somebody made this watch a long time ago. I can't begin to speculate as to the reason, but the paint job on the dial is too ugly for me to think that is an original factory job....but who knows.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE