The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I don't think that discussions or links...

I think the discussions are helpful and informative and should be maintained. I am interested in fine timepieces, and very interested in Heuers, but have no where else I can go to learn more. Seeing what's available at auction, and then reviewing the discussions on this board are making me 'smarter' (if that's really possible ;-)) and I appreciate it. They are fine pieces of engineering and design that can only really be appreciated with study.

HOWEVER, your point is very well made about this board remaining a non-commercial enterprise. I agree with you whole-heartedly. I am here to listen to other experts & enthusiasts, not be flogged by vendors. I don't know where the line is between a commercial board and a board full of enthusiasts, but so far, I don't think that line has been crossed.

R/
Mark

: ...to ongoing auctions or any items available
: for sale elsewhere ought to be allowed on
: this forum. Does NO GOOD for anyone, except
: the sellers of course, who can and will end
: up using the forum for drawing attention to
: their items. I'm not opposed to people
: posting photos from ongoing auctions if they
: have a technical question or such, as long
: as they don't provide a link or otherwise
: indicate the location of the item offered
: for sale.

: That is ONE smart policy the TZ forums have.

: Just my .02 worth...what do you guys think?

: AZ

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE