The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seiko 6117-6410
In Response To: Friday: Blue Chrono-matic ()

Never thought I would say this but Seiko makes/made some great watches.
I met a guy this week who really is in love with old Seiko watches.
My guess is that he has between 150 and 200 of them.
He has all the those crazy references numbers of all the models ever made in his head.
In fact it's a bit spooky. When he starts talking about Seiko movements he can't stop.
It's almost like he's speaking Japanese to me.
Anyway, I convinced myself to give it a go. So I told him I wanted to buy a reference 6105, the only reference I knew.
Couldn't sell me one, he said. He only had three of that model and it would be too difficult for him to let one go.
So I ended up with this ref 6117-6410 ( always have to look that number up in my Iphone ) after I had to listen to the history of that model,
the ingenuity of the movement, all the functions, etc for over an hour.
The watch was incredibly cheap ( this being used to the Heuer prices ), my expectations super low.
I have it on my wrist for two days now. And I must say that it is SUPER accurate, you never have to wind it, it has a GMT hand
and I just think it looks cool.
Have a good weekend guys
Bernard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE