The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Make sure case is made by Pelican

I had to recently remove my collection from the display and had to figure out how to store all my watches safely for transport and storage. I ended up buying 2 cases (32 watch case) from Case Club, and to be honest I am very happy with it. They don't advertise it, but the case is a Pelican case, which is a military grade quality case. This is the reason why you are paying so much for this unit. I can't speak about the other companies, but I was very happy with this purchase. If you don't know much about Pelican cases, do your research, and you will realize that this is what you want your investment in. So if you do decide to do a DIY version, make sure the case you use is a Pelican or competitor that has same standards. Keep in mind that you have thousands of dollars worth of watches sitting in a case, wouldn't you want the most trustworthy and indestructible case available in the market? Who you buy from is irrelevant, but the actual case used by the seller, is much more important. Imagine a hinge breaking when you hit a wall by accident! Can you afford for that case to break open and drop your watches! :( Just my 2 cents!

I will try to post some pics of my case later.

: It was almost three years ago that Paul Gavin showed us how to
: build a watch storage case .

: Just in case [in pun intended] you haven't completed yours yet,
: here are three folks who will sell you a case for your watches:
: Case Club Time Tote My Case Builder The My Case Builder
: site has some interesting information on that critical subject
: -- Foam

: Good luck if you build your own, or go for one of these that is
: made for you!!

: Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Watch Carrying Cases -- Three Suppliers
Make sure case is made by Pelican
Re: Watch Carrying Cases -- Three Suppliers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE