The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bargain on the 'Bay

So this watch showed up as being one of the lots in an eBay "Live Auction".

EBay seemed to indicate that the auction would start at 10:00 PM tonight (Tuesday). Late this afternoon, I checked again, and it seemed that the auction would start tomorrow morning (Wednesday) . . . yes, it said that it would begin in 14 hours.

So I checked on the watch at 10:10 tonight, and saw that the watch had sold for $950. It was the first lot in the auction, so it was sold at exactly 10:00. Here is the eBay listing -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/121540444133

Now, it's just past midnight and My EBay is confirming that the auction will end in 11 hours, 44 minutes . . . but, of course, the auction has already ended (two hours ago).

Whatever this new style of "live" eBay auction may be, someone got a bargain tonight. On the other hand, the seller and I did not do too well.

The more I see eBay, struggling to remain relevant in the world of watches, the more of a train wreck that site seems to be.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE