The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is the "Exotic" Autavia One of the Grails?
In Response To: Looks great ()

That's an interesting question, Stewart.

I must admit that I was influenced by the request that came from the editor -- he wanted an article that would discuss the most interesting and valuable dials, from the vintage Heuers. From that request, the article morphed into a discussion of the "Grails". My point was that, with the Heuers, it's not about the serifs, or the underlining, or the red lettering, but it's about the model or execution, as such.

So when the editor began with the request for rare, valuable or exotic dials, this Autavia was one of the first that came to mind.

It's interesting that we haven't seen many changing hands, for some time now. Perhaps they are all "put away" in strong hands.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Looks superb Jeff et al.

: I'm gonna throw a small spanner in the works.. the Exotic Autavia..
: is it really in the same league as the others?
: It's super nice, but.. just IMHO, not a grail !

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Messages In This Thread

International Watch Article -- The Holy Heuers
Very well done, Jeff. Congrats! *NM*
Looks great
Is the "Exotic" Autavia One of the Grails?
Ahh.. I see..
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE