The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 1163v pusher question help pls

Good afternoon everyone - I hope you might help me with some information. I have tried several searches but am unable to pin point exactly the information I am looking for.

I have an Autavia Viceroy (1163) on which one of the pushers appears slightly discoloured at the end compared to the other one. I can only describe the colour as almost like brass... in the same way that a piece of plated metal turns when the plate wears off. In addition I can feel a sort of ridge between the end and the fluted sides.

I am unsure of the construction of the pushers and so not sure if they are hollow (are they caps?), or plated, or solid? Is this surface tarnishing that could be cleaned off, or would this make it worse? Should I just give the end of the pusher a polish with a cape cod or the like...?

If I wished to replace the pusher is it a case of a new cap for the end, or is it one unit? Depending on the answer to the above... can the end cap be removed easily from the outside or does the whole pusher need to come out after removing the movement?

I hope this kind of makes sense...?

I hope you might be able to help me understand better.

Kind regards
Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE