The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Since We're Talking About Grails...

: What a lovely find! Whereabouts in Paris was this store?

Iwong,

I have been contemplating how to respond or whether to respond to this post. Anyway, I just got to Atlanta from Paris and while I am sitting in the airport waiting, I have decided to respond.

I will help almost anybody with watch knowledge. I will post pictures. I will give out serial numbers. I will contribute to the knowledge base in almost anyway I can. The one thing I can think of right now that I will not share is my sources. The hunt for watches is a competition. I work hard at it and I don't like to lose. I know some people who won't even contribute to the knowledge base because they are so competitive. That's not me but as Paul Gavin said in an earlier response to this thread, I have learned how to look for watches from years of experience. I work hard at it and what I learn is my business...my business in a lot of ways.

Anyway who said it was a "store". There are a lot of watch dealers in Paris and all over the world who don't have stores.

PS: Most watch dealers don't like to keep themselves secret. If I can find them so can anybody else.

Best of luck and I hope I have not offended you or anybody else with my answer.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE