The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Since We're Talking About Grails...

John,

No offense taken. In fact, I appreciate the fact that you took time to think this through and respond in such a comprehensive fashion. Watches are a hobby for me and I don't have a lot of skin in the game, and I recognise and respect that the folks who do need to have their own private sources and ways of doing things.

I was under the misimpression that you were referring to a brick and mortar place, which got me quite excited. I'm currently in Paris for work and I did some research on places to hunt for vintage watches, but all indications at that point suggested that known sellers had done sufficiently well as to graduate to renting their own shop space. I've been to a few of these but felt that either the selection wasn't to my liking or the premiums just weren't worth it. I thought I had covered the bases but I see I still have a long way to go. Thanks for the heads up!

Best,
L

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE