The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes . . . Heuers Were Sold Through Racing Suppliers

Limiting the search to the United States, MG Mitten comes to mind, but I believe that there were several of the automotive / after-market supply houses that sold the Heuer timepieces -- stopwatches as well as chronographs. Auto World, in Pennsylvania and several others.

It was through these types of suppliers, and through his own selling efforts, that Jack Heuer planted the Heuer flag in the United States, in the early 1960s.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I've always wondered if racing suppliers carried Heuer wristwatches
: and stopwatches back in the 60s and 70s. I'm sure the regular
: outlets of that era (jewelers, variety stores like Lurias, mail
: order catalogs, Viceroy agreement) may not have been the only
: way Heuers were retailed in numbers. I'm sure a few "speed
: shops" selling cams, pistons, racing helmets, suits, shoes
: and other go-fast parts must have carried Heuer products. Any
: pictures or references to this that anyone knows of? It would be
: neat if some of the big names of that timeframe, especially in
: Southern California, were unwittingly adding to Heuer Heritage.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE