The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: ...
In Response To: ... ()

My take exactly. Tag Heuer circa 2015 is, at best, a distant cousin of the Heuer we all know and love. I don't doubt, after looking at their Basel offerings, that they will do quite well with their target market. Personally, I think they are hideous (Cristiano Ronaldo watch anyone?) but I suspect they will do quite well with a certain demographic.

It's the same with Rolex. It seemed like every vintage Rolex collector was hoping for a new stainless steel Daytona from Rolex. Looking at Rolex's offerings, I cannot help but think they clearly don't see a market for it. Their new watches are "pimped" out very much like Tag Heuer's are. I suspect it's where the money is.

If the goal is to make money - which it certainly is - then good for them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE