The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Project: Let's Update Our Collection of Logos on Heuer Dials

Lately, I have been updating our page that shows the Heuer chronographs and other timepieces that have special logos (in addition to the Heuer logo) on the dials. Shown below are the images on the page, as it now stands. Here is a link to the page -- http://www.onthedash.com/logos.shtml.

As I have grouped them, here's what we have:

• Racing -- Indianapolis Motro Speedway; Mercury Cougar; Shelby Cobra; Racing Mate; Sunray DX; American Road Race of Champions; Motor Age
  • Car and Airplane Brands -- Audi Sport, Beechcraft; Ferrari, Volvo, MG
  • Publications -- Motor Age and Auto Week
  • Auto Products -- Champion and Simoniz

As a community project, let's see whether we can add to this collection. Of course, once we have more of the logos, then we can start telling the stories behind the logos. For example, when we see the Carrera with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway logo, was this a souvenir purchased in the gift shop or some sort of prize awarded to the racers or teams? [My guess on this question -- gift shop!!] Same question for the Shelby Cobra logos -- Who ordered these watches and for what event? [We already have the answer to this question.]

Please post additional logos here or you can send them to me by email and I can post them. Thanks to all who have contributed so far. I believe that this will be an interesting project for our community!!

Jeff

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Mercury Cougar

Shelby Cobra

Racing Mate

Sunray DX

ARRC -- American Road Race of Champions

MotorAge -- Driver and Mechanic of the Year

Audi Sport

Ferrari

Volvo

MG

Beechcraft

Champion

Simoniz

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE