The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Oh yes!!!!

Having visited Baselworld...I can tell from my personal experience. 3 brands really earn respect...

1. SEIKO: Best cases, dials and hands around...quality of finish is above 90% (at least) of the rest of the Swiss watchbrands, even Rolex is less quality in terms of case finish and dials (Rolex was really disappointing). I was really surprised but then again Seiko has been on the top already long time...undervalued for sure.

2. Zenith: Again top quality in movements and certainly in case finish...I really don't understand why they are still so relatively cheap when we compare with other Swiss brands.

3. Eberhard: Longines did great with their re-issue (but not as great as Jaeger a while ago with their tribute to the Deep Sea, still the best re-issue around), and now Eberhard has beaten them with their re-issue of the Contograf, really stunning and it's worthwhile to visit the website from Eberhard!

Ofcourse...all my personal opinion...also Vulcain brought some nice watches with great vintage touch!

TAG Heuer disappointed in some (most) ways. However my personal opinion is they will be right with their take on the smartwatch (smart move commercially seen)....please note I will probably never buy such at thing but I can understand they see some huge potential in that market!

Best TAG Heuer was definitely the Carbon V4 Monaco...really a piece of art and breathtaking. I actually wonder how Guy Sémon is actually positioned towards this "high tech" innovations related to the smartwatch...spoke to him 2 or 3 years ago when they were still in full involvement with "Haute Horlogerie"...must be a disappointment now I guess...

Best,
abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE