The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2446 transitional chrono
In Response To: 2446 transitional chrono ()

Congrats Anthony!
Are you planning on doing any work to it? I am not an expert on the transitionals, but I am sure some of our experts will chime in.

Is this your first Heuer? Must say, I have no 60s Autavia's yet, but I am beginning to get the itch that I will start having to change focus. My goal was to try to get most of the 70s knocked out before I moved on to the 60s.

Enjoy the watch and welcome to the forums.

: Hi there,
: I recently acquired this early 60's transitional Autavia heuer
: chronograph. I wanted to share with the community since I have
: not seen many of these. This watch appears to have never been
: polished, but may have had the hands changed during a service in
: the past. The serial number is 8324*. The watch functions and
: keeps time but the second hand sometimes stops and needs to be
: restarted. The band is not original.

: Thanks!

: http://postimg.org/gallery/uvjzy3im/

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE