The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No 3 ++ 2447 NT

Dear Heuer Fans, HELLO !!!

I am a Rolex Vintage guy since over 15 years now, i think many here know me from VRF, but also always liked the Heuer Vintage watches, especially the Carrera from the 60s. It is crazy, in all the years i wanted to buy a 2447 - never did - always had Rolex Daytonas in nearly all versions. A few months ago a good friend offered me a wonderful Panda 2447 NST, but then i decided to wait till i will get a pure black dial 2447N.

Then i began to read about them - many many thanks to all the wonderful people sharing lots of information !!! I was very surprised that they are so hard to find, with the right amount you can buy every Daytona pretty easy if you want, but to find a nice 2447 is very hard, even worldwide. Then i read the great article from Jeff, giving a 2447 NT to the Heuer museum - and then i do not know how lucky i was, i have found exactly this watch. Unbelievable!

The first owner bought it in the Mid 60s in St. Moritz, Switzerland, when visiting the Ski World Cup there - he wanted to stop the athletes there he told me. He was in the shop and there were many different versions of Heuer's there, but only one with black dial, which he immediately preferred and bought. He wore it then just a few years, in the early 70s he bought another watch and the Heuer Carrera came in his safe where it stayed until last week. He is an old Gentleman now and just remembered that he gave the movement for a cleaning in the past, changed the leather strap with a Mesh Steel one ... nothing more.

Now, i got it on Friday and i felt totally in love with it. I always wanted a black dial 6238 Rolex, but this watch is same nice, probably even nicer.

Some details:

1) Serial is 700xxx
2) Big crown without 'Heuer'
3) the watch is untouched and unpolished
4) still have the old domed Plexiglas
5) the case back is different to many i have seen, it is not matte polished, it is circled

As far as i know, there is the famous watch, Jeff gave to Heuer museum, then another one with relumed dial, and this is - for the moment - the third one appeared.

Please allow me some questions, as I am still a Heuer Greenhorn:

- where can i find such a superdomed Plexiglas ? What do you have on your 2447?
- is there any chance to tell me, what year my watch was made?

Here are some first photos, as i am a Rolex guy, i just had 20mm Nato straps at home, but just ordered some 18 mm !!!! :)

Last word: this watch is SO SEXY -- for me it is one of the nicest ever, can't say how much i admire it !!! LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Thanks a lot and many greetings to you all here!
Werner

photo CAR1_zpsahq7s4t6.jpg

photo CAR2_zpsmi755jrb.jpg

photo CAR4_zpszxywfeb0.jpg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE