The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Advice Please
In Response To: Advice Please ()

: Does anyone have experience of buying a watch from
: chronoaddict.com?
: Thanks AH.

I have experience in NOT buying from him. Had shortlisted 3-4 watches, tried to negotiate price but he stuck to his guns (which is fine), and when i confirm buying at the prices I had seen on his site, he said i had the wrong price and that it was higher. I went to the site and indeed the price had become higher than just a few minutes ago. I asked why he shifted the price, he just replied curtly that I am mistaken that he didnt chsnge the price. Lucky for me I normally take screenshots of watches I shortlist to compare. Sent him the screenshot from just a few minutes prior and no response from him thereafter. I wished him a happy life and that was the end of our dealings.

Its seller and buyers perogative to change their minds until a deal is done but to lie is a sin.

....and scrutinise every part. Known to have non original parts and not expressly disclosed. Will say it's in the photo. Very ebayish. Granted he will buy back from you at a deeeep discount a week after the sale is done if youre not satisfied. My friends expenrience.

I would not bother posting if it was just an unfriendly experience but I dont think anyone shud have to deal with this. Someone wise told me once, buy the seller not the watch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE