The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 1153 Challenge 2 of 2

The second of my challenges is to find the lowest serial number Carrera 1153.

This week I had the great pleasure of receiving a 1153 S with a very low serial number (147304) and all the hallmarks of the first execution Carrera (post Chronomatic). These include:

- 3,6,9,12 hour register
- Tachymeter scale from 50 to 200 with TACHY at the “3” position
- Thin polished steel hour and minute hands with black centre stripe
- Steel hour markers with single black centre stripe (to match the hands)
- Calibre 11 movement
- Early Mk 2 Gay Freres bracelet dated 3/69 with small Mk 1 type clasp

(see images below detailing these features)

Over the years the 1153 evolved with changes in hour and minute hands, Tachy scale, hour markers and of course movement from Calibre 11- i through to Calibre 12. I have seen many examples with a combination of these parts so I was thrilled to find this early one with all these features and such a low serial number. I do have record of one earlier serial number at 147186 which means that Heuer designated 147xxx to the Carrera 1153 case. So where are all the 1470xx , 1471xx and 1472xx’s.

So lets see if we can uncover those 1153 Carrera S or N’s with a lower serial numbers than 147304. Images of the watch would be appreciated.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE