The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Omega Speedmaster Professional - looking for peace of mi

It looks "real" to me if that's what you're asking, but I am not sure what you bought it as... Meaning, if you bought it as a pre-moon, then it's been cobbled together. If it's a 70's-80's tritium piece (like i think it is), you're probably ok. The serial number will be inside on the movement I believe and you can date it with that. The inside of the case back will show the reference number. Just take some pics and post again once you get her opened up...

Breathe deeply...she likely just needs a service.

Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE