The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
FS: Rare Abercrombie & Fitch 1960s dials as in Heuer Archive

I've decided to offer these rare Abercrombie & Fitch vintage watch parts for sale. I've had this mystery box of 1960s dials and hands sitting around for a few years. These have a vintage Heuer connection, as the same dial is featured in the Heuer Archives as dial display item 1360. It is still a mystery to us what watch these went on. We believe that these go to an AS 1475 alarm watch that appears to have been pursued by Heuer and Abercrombie & Fitch during the 1960s. The dials are 34mm in diameter and are heavy for being 34mm, with dial feet at the 18 and 45 minute positions.

The full hand-written text on the box they came in to me says: "24 only metal black dials without radium for A&F pocket alarms - 24 only sets of hands for above." However, as you can see, some dials have bright white indicators and a few have lume. The white tag says: "Hands for Alarm Cases - Cal 1475." And the box has the most intriguing handwritten note saying: "Ordered by Mr. Jack Heuer in early June 1963." Shown below:

Each dial comes with an hour, minute and alarm hand, as shown here.

Offered for $295 each (dial and hand set included), plus shipping costs to your location. I will also consider offers for the whole box of dials.

This is a chance to add a rare Abercrombie & Fitch item with a connection to Heuer to your collection.

Regards - Bill Mahoney

Squinky.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE