The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Felca Chronograph (and Poor Man's Heuer Questions)

Hello everyone: I recently acquired the following Felca chronograph after going through the very helpful entries on Poor Man's and Look-Alikes by Jeff Stein and others on the forum. I hope to find out some more about this particular case/dial style, and whether it may be manufactured by Heuer.

Unlike the more well-known Hamilton's, Zodiacs, and other "Poor Mans," this has a different case style, with tapered and beveled lugs (which is also different from the Carrera case). This case seems more uncommon, but was used by a variety of brands, including a Heuer included below. The movement used is a Landeron 248 rather than Valjoux 7730/7733. I found a listing on Chronocentric for a Leonidas that seems almost identical to the Felca besides the branding--same movement, dial printing, hands, etc. The Felca is all stainless, with perlage inside the caseback. The Leonidas case is plated. The Felca case doesn't have reference or serial numbers engraved between the lugs, I don't know whether the Leonidas has them:

Here's a Clebar example (these dials are pretty distinct with the Tritium T above the 6 marker and "Swiss" at the bottom of the dial):

And a Heuer that has a different dial style, but otherwise similar (also houses a Landeron 248, which like the Leonidas above is signed "Heuer-Leonidas"). Does anyone the reference number of this Heuer? I haven't come across any listings of Heuer's with Landeron 248:

And a few more examples of the case/dial style in silver:

If anyone has more info about these, I would love to learn more. Thanks.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE