The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Andretti 3646 with rare Tachy bezel ++ UG Space Compax!!

Gentlemen,

a really amazing week it was for me - first i found the Universal Geneve Space Compax i admire since a long time, then another watch found its way to me, a watch i love and is the quintessence of Motor Racing, the famous Autavia 3646 "Mario Andretti" !
Serial is 845xx - so it is an early (Mk2 or MK3 ?) case with MK3 dial version, and what makes this watch very special and rare, is the Tachymeter bezel coming originally with it. This Tachy bezel have no Triangle and is an early one, have seen it just on a few
other 3646 and on 2446 Autavias. Condition of the watch is just amazing!

Case is very nice, all bevels perfect - i love the thinness of the case on the wrist, pure aesthetics look - wow !!!

Here are some shots from today next to my MK1 UG Space Compax! Can't tell you which one i love more, they are very similar and so different:

- movement is 92 vers 72 (both belong to my favorite movements ever)
- both dials are Singer
- both are from about 1967 / 68 / 69
- the Autavia is sporty and elegant, the Space Compax is a brutally Chrono, shouting potency!!! :)))

Thanks for looking !!
Werner

photo HEU3_zpsud4v0oeo.jpg

photo HEU1_zpsatypxv9s.jpg

photo HEU16_zpsijhdwtpg.jpg

photo HEU18_zpsv1vttrum.jpg

photo HEU20_zpso0u5iq6j.jpg

Messages In This Thread

Andretti 3646 with rare Tachy bezel ++ UG Space Compax!!
Re: Andretti 3646 with rare Tachy bezel ++ UG Space Compax!!
Stunning pair
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE