The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro's back! End result

Picked up this Camaro over the summer for a decent deal, considering it was super dirty and didn't run properly. Looked like it had the original case finish though, and the serial numbers had never seen a polishing wheel either, so I figured I'd see what I could do as I had a vision in my head for what it could look like. That vision was something like this!

The case cleaning revealed a few scratches on the front of the watch but they're not particularly visible when wearing it, and aren't worth the risk of removing the beautiful sunburst finish. A light polish of the crystal removed a bunch of small scratches, and allows the beautiful, untouched dial to shine through with all of its lume dots intact. Once it received a proper strap from our modern Italian master Giuliano, it went right to the top of the collection in terms of aesthetics :)

The Camaro doesn't get the spotlight from collectors (at least not yet) but it has an awesome wrist presence, and I can't wait to get it as much wrist time as it can have!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE