The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes . . . An Interesting eBay Transaction

Yes, I was the buyer, through the eBay auction.

We had a very strange seller on this one. I believe that he received some strong cash offers, early in the process, and had a lot of people following the auction, but then got nervous when the bidding was quiet for a couple of days and the end of the auction was approaching. He had sent me a message saying that he was committed to letting the auction run to the end, then he sent me a message asking whether I would make an offer / increase my bid / etc.

I don't think that he was accustomed to dealing with watches or other expensive items. He sent the package by US Postal, Express Mail, but did not add any insurance . . . so it could have been a disaster.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff,

: so you are the lucky buyer of this watch, which was listed on Ebay
: last week and the auction was closed?!

: Congrats to this beauty and good to know it is within our
: community.

: cheers

: RP

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE