The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thanks Fabrizio
In Response To: What a picture John! ()

Thank for you kind words. Interestingly, I have just had a conversation with both Jeff S and another watch friend about what kind of "watch camera" they should buy. I am a huge advocate of smart phones (iPhone in my case) as cameras. Most of the time when I am not getting paid I use my iPhone as a camera when I want to take pictures. I went to Europe twice last year with no camera other than my phone. But...once in a while a photo requires bringing out the big guns. I believe that what usually makes the difference between an average photo and a really nice photo is that a really nice photo is usually intentional. What I mean is that the photographer has an image in mind and intentionally figures out how to translate that into reality. Jeff S has displayed a couple of really nice photos in the past couple of days. The two that stick out in my mind were the red hand tip of his new GMT and the above lume pic. These photos put a picture in my mind. I knew I could not take the picture with my iPhone and luckily my lights were home from the studio over at IndyCar and set up for small objects. I put an old manual focus 200mm Micro Nikkor on my Nikon D810 and focused. The setup is pictured below. Elvis watching over the scene helped a lot. There was also about 15-20 minutes of PhotoShop work involved in making the file from the camera look like the image in my head.

Best,

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE