The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Big News in F1 -- TAG Heuer Moving from McLaren to Red B

Now I know why I don't like the picture of Ricciardo in the Steve McQueen overall. (Nothing against Ricciardo!)
Biver should not throw away TAGHeuer's history. It was the idea of Babin to focus on history.
Not to forget future with the Monaco V4 etc.. He had two strategies in parallel.
In other forums I read contributions, meaning that the readers could not understand that TAGHeuer now has younger ambassadors (David Guetta is an example). The result sometimes was that somebody said "Who is David Guetta?". Others replied: We are old now, so they have to find acceptance with younger people. This is certainly correct.
But otherwise: Can Biver afford to abandon history?
Of course, Red Bull is a young F1-team, compared to others. And I can understand, that TAGHeuer don't want to see the TAGHeuer logo in the cellar of F1. But destroying bridges to history? I don't know. McLaren always survived, even after the accident of Bruce McLaren (I admit I'm old, 59 years). Probably times have changed.

Interested in reactions on OTD
Werner Boeinck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE