The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
He doesn't understand them-

Or more specifically, why these "Poor Man's Heuers" are going up in price. They're going up in price because of, not despite, the rise in values of actual Carreras. When a Carrera begins trading in a range out of reach of some collectors, the "PMH" is a great alternative because they can be bought at a different level. However, as Omega Speedmasters have gone recently compared to Rolex Daytonas, attention will turn to the "PMH" when Carreras begin trading in higher ranges.

And they will - he's also wrong about Carreras vs. Autavias of course, as gophishin pointed out. But Carreras until recently could be had for relatively cheap - now, they're just starting to rise, with the rarer Pandas beginning to crest 15k regularly. I'm just waiting to see someone sell a regular, first-execution 2447 N in good condition, publicly - I'll bet it tops 10!

Lastly, this guy gives me a weird smug Young Republican vibe (has nothing to do with politics; young people who are Republicans are fine - but Young Republicans suck) - watch lover or not, I doubt I'd want to hang out with him at a party....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE