The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What is the rarerrarest Bund to buy?

: Let's make this short and sweet - I want to add a Bund to my
: collection, I know they're easy'ish to find as are their spare
: parts and they're always looking disturbingly 'fresh'
: ...... but for some reason I still want one - so which is the rarer
: version to buy; do you know?
: Seems to me we all know the different dial marking variants, but
: which are the rarer? Or are they all much of a muchness and its
: down to personal preference?

: Thanks for succinct answers, I'm not looking for a massive
: discussion, seems to me there are far more interesting Heuer
: things to chat about!
: Ben

In order of made pieces (only partly known...working with some assumptions):
- Bund Quarz prototype: still unknown but only a few
- Bund Cal. 12 prototype: 12 were manufactured (10 pieces were sent to the Bundeswehr for consideration and finally rejected..they were sold on private market) but parts for further 8 were available (20 cases were produced)
- Leonidas Bund Valjoux 222 Flyback (no type and serial numbers): 255 (many of them were scrapped)
- 1551SGSZ Valjoux 230 Flyback: about 300 or more i would say...still in clarification.
- Bund Boccia Quarz 1st model with 2 displays (about 500 it is said)
- Blanpain Bund diver watch: not sure...it is said a few hundred were delivered
- Hanhart Bund 417es (500)
- Tengler Bund Lemania 5100: 550..last pieces did not get a serial number. But all are Bund issued as far as i know.
- Junghans Bund..not sure
- Hanhart Bund 417...not sure
- Bund "Minediver" watch Quarz...still available to buy from private dealers
- Arctos Bund Lemania 5100
- Orfina Bund Lemania 5100
- Tutima Bund Lemania 5100
- Bund Boccia Quarz 2nd model with 1 display (several thousands)
- 1550SG Valjoux 230 Flyback: about 11.600 for the German Bundeswehr (it is still in use there but roundabout only 100 pieces remained!). Please consider that the 1550 was issued also e.g. to Norwegian Luftforsvaret and to former Yugoslavian Air Force...and also on the private market. Later some add. watches were built from Bund spare parts (mainly sold by Vebeg). I would assume that overall 13.000 up to 15.000 1550SG/1551SGSZ watches could have been made.

Regards
Stamp

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE