The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer price overwiew on watch fair in Germany

Hi,

Saturday I visited one of the biggest (perhaps the biggest?) fairs in Germany for vintage watches and clocks in Furtwangen in the Black Forest.

I have seen about 50-60 Heuer watches but I concentrated on the post 1960 Heuers because these are the ones I'm mostly interested in.

Here are the asking prices I remember:

6-8 Carrera handwind from 800-1500 Euro
2 Monaco handwind (Vjx. 7736): 2.200 Euro
4-6 Monaco automatic (12): around 2.400 Euro
1 Autavia handwind (Vjx. 92): 690 Euro
about 10 Autavia Automatic (12+15): 600-700 Euro
1 Silverstone (coool): 1700 Euro
6 or so Monza (amazing, never seen so much) (12+15) around 600-700 Euro
And a Jarama, Verona, Daytona: too bad condition even to ask for a price... also some Carrera automatic but I was not interested enough to ask what the sellers want for it.

Business was not going well (recession). The sellers offered discount within 5 seconds.

I was in the market for a Camaro and an Autavia GMT so I bought nothing but a chinese made plasic clock assembly kit for my 5-years old daughter.

Matthias

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE