The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Surprise at a party

Hi everyboddy,
I just have to tell here. Very annoying that I had no camera with me.
At a birthday party with about 150 people, I sat next to a about 80 years old man, not known to me before. I could not believe my eyes, he had a 1133B on his wrist. He had bought it for his 50th birthday in the 80th paied 620 DM and also has still the box at home. By coincidence, I had the same watch on my wrist I bought in 1971 for I think 745 DM.................
So he already had came into the benefit of the discount at the change of the era of mechanical watches to quartz ,
pride he told me it would be worth about 4,000 euros, I enlightened him.
cheers mich

Messages In This Thread

Surprise at a party
Re: Surprise at a party
coinidence
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE