The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Really Like the Informal Auctions

I am a big fan of the informal auctions!!

These are probably not worthwhile for the more common watches, but well worthwhile for the rare ones, as to which estimating "fair market value" is difficult.

I can dig around on my thumb-drive and offer a set of rule / guidelines, for anyone who may want to conduct such an auction.

Looking back on the history of the informal auctions on ChronoTrader -- I believe that sellers have achieved some good prices; I have not had any complaints from people who participated in the auctions (buyers or bidders) . . . the only complaints were from people who said that they would not participate in any such events, and I respect their views, as well.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi everyone. First of all, Thanks for such a wonderful forum and to
: all those who contribute their knowledge and thoughts here.
: Also, thanks justin for keeping the scammers on their toes. I
: plan on selling a rare execution autavia shortly, and am looking
: for honest opinions on the informal auction platform for
: selling.
: Thanks to all who respond.
: With great regard
: MichaelD

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE