The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Off topic - F1 nostalgia
In Response To: Off topic - F1 nostalgia ()

: I barely remember this car. I was only in 9th grade so was more
: into improvised bicycle ramps than watching F1 on Saturdays. I
: just saw a reference to this car and found a video of Jackie
: Stewart taking it for a test drive. Tyrell 6-wheel P-34. video
: link below
:
:
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-jkSwyD-E

Nice remebrance: I was at the Nürburgring at the Saturday practice for the German Grand Prix (1976).
The sixwheeler looked a bit funny when it approached. At a first glance, it looked like a car without
front wheels, because the wheels were quite small. There was a theory that in rain the first row of
the front tyres should put the water away so that the second row could look for traction. I never
heard something about the results.
The next day there was Niki Lauda's terriffic accident and the sixwheeler was in the background.
At least, it was a brilliant idea.
People always like the extraordinary, such as the Nissan Nismo at
Le Mans (a TAGHeuer project). But compared to the Nismo, I think the Sixwheeler was closer
to the point.
Thanks for sharing
Werner Boeincksubmarine

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE