The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Spotting Fakes...
In Response To: Spotting Fakes... ()

Stephanie, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Carrera 45N 3647n you purchased is an assemblage of parts from various watches including a badly refurbished dial. Did you receive the watch yet or is it still in transit? The reason I ask is because it was in my possession and in transit till May 6th of this year. I'm happy to report however that he returned my wired funds as of today so while i lost a little $$ (wire transfer fees, etc) and worried a lot during the process, i was ultimately able to put this behind me. I hope you will ultimately be able to do the same. Lesson learned to pay a little more and work with only reputable sellers from this point forward. Best of luck and let me know if you have Qs. Thx, vs

: Hi all,

: Long time lurker, first time poster - apologies in advance for the
: noob-ness and general cluelessness.

: I've been learning about vintage Heuers and trying to acquaint
: myself with the wonderful world of vintage watches in general.

: Ashamed to say I made two impulse purchases recently before
: checking up on the seller properly. Links to the watches below:

: http://www.chronoaddict.com/watches/show/id/82

: http://www.chronoaddict.com/watches/show/id/106

:
:

:
:

: I know now that the seller is known for selling dodgy watches, but
: wanted to see if at least the photos and links themselves have
: any major faults that I may have missed?

: Grateful for the collective knowledge here!

: SC

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE