The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Goodbye, Laurent.

Dear Laurent,

We met the first time - as most of us- just through email. Talking watches, discussing values and conditions and what are the best ways to find something.

I find the contact to you because you are one of the -maybe THE- first one who publish wonderful pics of watches that fits my taste perfectly. All of your watches are definitely a buy from my site too. You was one of the first bringing the watchpassion on a higher level with excellent pictures from his watches.

I searches the web for your pics and so the first Skipper comes to my eye. Your pics from the 15640 black late and of course your Skipperera founded my Skipper passion. Thanks for that!

This black Skipper I bought from you later - you mean, I am the man for that one. of course I said ;)

A good time after that we met in LCdF, Heuer Summit 2013. The French crew arrives a bit later - the discussion about watches and things was highly active. But the French crew comes - and in seconds the tables were FULL of watches. First watch you took out of one of your rolls was - the Skipperera. You gave it direct to me to have a closer look and enjoy it.

Next day was the "Heuer archive table" day - Lots of pics, catalogs, watches and things were on a really large table and the Heuer boys dive into like on a christmas. You explained your old camera (Canon Power Shot G10) to me more then half an hour - and yes, you was a real profi handling it.

I remember well the moment I took this pic standing next to you, we laugh a lot about "Inspector Clouseau" with Jack Heuer!

These moments of meeting you in real life the first time with another great collector (Tiga - the second man with the most beautiful watchpics of Heuer) I can never forget. You are the two guys with the most important influence for my watch and Heuer passion.

I can speak for the most of us here , I think we are feeling the same - you was a real friend from the first contact, same wave, same feeling, same taste. You had time for all of our questions - always, every day time, everytime with deep knowledge. It hurts we will not talk anymore.

My thoughts are with you from the shocking moment Jerome told me what happened - the day before we scheduled a nice watch and party evening together in Paris. I would give a lot for making things unhappen and have a drink with you, mate. You went much too early.

You have a place in my heart forever. We will have a beer in heaven, have a seat in between and keep on talking watches with the guys there.

The last pic was taken from a friend some weeks before. It makes me smile.

My heartly condolences to your wife, kids and friends, have the power to come through the hard times and remember to the good times you had with your Laurent.

Henrik

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE