The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Rest in Peace, Laurent (Noodia) *PIC*

I have met Laurent last in November 2015.

I was playing at a club and he picked me up at the Hotel with his friends Patrice, Jerome and Thomas. We spent some time together at a nearby restaurant and he showed and explained with such passion in his eyes his Vulcain nautical Cricket to me. I was overwhelmed with his infinite knowledge about watches.. and cars. We also talked about his time in NYC and that he was a passionate clubber as well... he had a great musical taste too! i was mostly listening to him.. soaking his wisdom like a sponge!
He said to me outside of the restaurant: "you remind me of myself when i was your age" - I truly felt honoured...

We mostly talked on the phone or chatted through whatsapp as I live in Berlin. He was always sharing his knowledge to me whenever I had a question about a particular watch.. he was always honest and direct and I loved him for that.

Not even a month ago, I talked to Laurent and he spontaneously said "Come to Paris for Fete de la musique... we'll have a nice dinner, have some drinks and dance.." - so my friend Henrik and I booked tickets to go see Laurent. He also told me about LouS and that he just recently saw you...
He was raving about you and what a great and knowledgeable collector you are.. I'm so saddened we never got to see Laurent again..

He has been a mentor to me as well as a friend.

This is just one small story about Laurent...

Attached is a picture of the last time I saw Laurent at the Club I played... taken by Patrice... dancing with Thomas.

My condolences to His family and close friends.

He will be deeply missed ❤️

Thien

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE