The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Watches are Consigned by Owners (Sellers)

A couple of quick points:

• The watches are the property of the sellers, who have consigned them to Crown & Caliber for sale . . . so no money has changed hands yet, between the owners and Crown & Caliber.
  • While the folks at Crown & Caliber do not know the fine details of all 100 of the watches, they know enough to have gathered some very rare ones and enough to determine authenticity and to establish estimates / reserves. C & C has a staff of around 50 employees, so they have strong capabilities in valuations, inspections, etc.
  • I have written a guide to the watches, but have not commented on the condition / authenticity of any individual watches . . . this would be a major undertaking, that was well beyond the scope of my involvement.
I hope this is helpful . . . it's exciting for me just to have these 100 Heuers visiting Atlanta.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: https://theheuer100.com/about/

: There are some great watches and it's very interesting for this to
: be focused on heuer but I don't understand how they amassed the
: 100 watches? It's quite a few watches for the collectors on here
: to not to have seen pasting through the market? Then the bit I
: really don't understand they seem to admit to not being experts
: by having Jeff check out the 100 and put his comments on them?
: Therefore how did they know what to collect and how much to pay?
: Even if they paid $3k for each watch that is a $300k investment.
: Perhaps I'm completely missing the point and when they say they
: have amassed the watch they are actually brokers?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE