The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Current Offer List Heuer 100

Should have posted this link on the website, I just noticed it and would have been extremely helpful earlier.
Just my .02 as a buyer and seller on Heuer100.

The bid methodology was far from ideal...as a bidder you really in essence only have 2 opportunities to bid, and for the most part they were blind bids. Im not sure why you chose this method, but I thing a more traditional live bidding (i.e. eBay) would have resulted in significantly higher bids.

Sure you can bid more than twice...but why? Your bids are completely blind. You really only had those two opportunities at noon to make an educated bid.

As a buyer, I ended up out bidding myself because I didn't read or really comprehend the rules. I placed some last minute bids simply to protect my high bid foolishly thinking the system wouldn't raise my bid unless someone else came along and outbid me. But I was clearly stupid and simply outbid myself. Lesson learned.

As a seller I think this method of bidding prevented the items from meeting reserve.

Thats just my .02...maybe there was a reason I don't understand for this method of bidding, but IMO it was a missed opportunity.

: Hey guys!

: We heard you loud and clear. The easiest way for us to solve the
: problem was for us to produce a document with all of the updated
: pricing.

: To download/view all Heuer 100 with latest pricing click here:
: https://em.crownandcaliber.com/acton/attachment/18601/f-057f/1/-/-/-/-/Heuer%20100%20Current%20High%20Bids%20as%20of%209.22%208%20am%20ET.pdf

: Hope this helps!

: -Crown & Caliber Team

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE