The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is this Huer Bund 1550 worth getting ?

Hi. It would appear from your comments you've consulted 'brown snout' and are familiar with the considerations of originality and / or authenticity http://brown-snout.com/horology/articles/heuer_bundeswehr_chrono/

If you like it and can afford it then you should go for it (though that comment is not directed specifically at this piece / its price). Is the Heuer Bund the most desirable of models? No. I can't easily imagine a situation in several years time where you selling your Bund will whip the collector community into a state of frenzy, but there's every possibility you'll easily find it a new home when the time comes for you to pass it on.

Personaly, I own a Bund and I love it.

Wear in good health if you decide to pull the trigger.

Hello all,

: I'm a bit of a newbie to this model, and have done as much research
: as I think I could, so before getting this watch I was wondering
: if revered collectors I could be selling this watch to some
: years from now might think of it. I spoke to the gentleman who
: sells it and said that he got it from the german pilot that was
: issued this watch, he kept it 15 years during his military run.
: He serviced it in 2010 and works perfectly. Obviously it looks a
: bit perfect to be original but it does not bother me as long as
: the dial + hands show correct patina.
: Do you believe it is a solid model for 3keuros ?

: Thanks in advance for your opinions

: Here is the link of the sale:
: http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/t198239-vends-heuer-bund-65279chrono-3h-1550-sg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE