The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera Reference 1158 -- Gift from Ronnie Peterson

Detailed information

Ronnie Peterson, born 14 February 1944 in Örebro, was the most successful Formula 1 driver in Swedish history. He made his debut in kart racing when he was 18 years old and had great success from early on. In 1966 he started competing in Formula 3; he made his first race in the car SWEBE, built by his father Bengt together with Sven Andersson. Peterson kept on being successful, among other things he became Swedish champion twice before he started competing in Formula 1 in 1970. It didn’t take long until he was one of the foremost drivers, he won ten out of the 123 Grand Prix he drove and came second in the Formula 1 World Championship in 1971 and posthumously in 1978.
On 10 September, just after the start at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy’s Grand Prix 1978, Peterson was seriously injured in an accident. He died the day after, only 34 years old, due to complications during surgery. Ronnie Peterson was posthumously awarded “Greatest motor sport performance through the ages” in 2011.

”Me and my brother Ronnie Peterson bought this watch, a Heuer Carrera with serial number 241012, as a gift for our father Bengt Peterson (born 19 January 1913) for his 60th birthday in 1973. Ronnie had ordered the watch from Jack Heuer just before Christmas 1972. This is the same kind of Heuer Carrera like the one Ronnie wore himself. I inherited my fathers watch after he died in 1999.”
/Tommy Peterson

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE