The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Any thoughts on this Rindt?
In Response To: Any thoughts on this Rindt? ()

: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=152355858803

What strikes me about any auction is the difference between what the description says and what the photos show. In this auction the pictures are actually pretty good. In the description of the case he says that it is unpolished. This is BS. Look at the photos of the sides of the case. The present owner may not have polished or re-finished this watch but somebody did. Look at the way the nicks and scratches have been rounded out by a previous re-finish.

This is certainly not the worst early Autavia I have ever seen. There are many which are worse but it is not a collectable grade watch in my opinion. I will not make any comments about the dial. :)

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE