The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I like it too
In Response To: I like it ()

I like it too - and I sign up on John's point: reissues do not have to be carbon-copies of originals but simply be inspired in a graceful way.
I've been wearing the watch that is the TAG Heuer reissue to me, i.e. the Carrera 1964 re-edition ref. CS3110, for the past couple of months.
It's definitely different from the original - no "Carrera" moniker on the dial, and more spread out subdials and pushers than the original 2447. Yet it does capture the feeling to me - and it helped introduce the design and the brand to a whole new set of people such as me.
Furthermore we should not discount the importance of affordability: how many people can really get a 2446 now? Very few I think - surely not me, not even by a mile...
So something so close will definitely be welcome.
Having said that, what I agree not to like: the missing minute hashes on the minute subdial and the "Heuer 02" text on the running seconds subdial. Hopefully, they might reconsider about the former, and the latter is no deal-breaker to me.
Cheers.
Fabrizio

: I will say again that people who expect a re-issue to be a faithful
: recreation are the types of people for whom great expectations
: are always the root of major disappointment. I think this watch
: looks great and I can't wait to have one on my wrist.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE