The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chrono Second Hand from an "Orange Boy"

I agree with Darren's assessment -- no surprise there -- including his suggestion that this would not be called a "Franken" by most collectors.

In fact, the chronograph second hand may be from an "Orange Boy", as shown HERE, meaning that if you can find one of the more common red hands, then you may be able to sell the orange one for a better price.

You've got a good looking Viceroy, and it should not take much effort to get it straightened out (if the orange hand is poking you in the eye).

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Welcome new guy ( i couldn't call you noob because of the negative
: aspect found in the gaming world )
: What you have there is a lovely example of a Viceroy Autavia, on a
: bracelet as well.
: I shy away from referring to this example as a franken even though
: the orange hand is not original to the watch. I beleive the
: chances that it alone faded from red to this shade of orange
: whilst the other components remained pristine to be very
: unlikely.
: So yes, this Viceroy is wearing an incorrect chrono seconds hand
: but i dont consider that fact alone to be enough to deem this a
: franken, especially commpared to some of the nighmares we see
: come up. If it was being sold the seller merely requires to
: state "wrong coloured seconds hand in place".

: Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE