The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Serial No. and "T" on hour subdial

The T is for Tritium. The very early eggshell dial Carreras had no T on the dials for reasons that seem shrouded in the mists of time or at least subject to some conjecture.
I think your serial would put the watch in with the first execution 2447s around the mid 1960s. I have an eggshell dial 2447 with serial 54xxx which I am led to believe dates it within the first batch from 1963.
I am no expert but hope that helps.
Tony

: Again, I'm new to Heuer. I am virtually certain my 2447S Carrera is
: a First Execution. What is the significance of the "T"
: above the word SWISS on the hour sundial?

: Also, does the serial no. 78XXX provide an insight on the
: production date?

: Still much to learn. Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread

Serial No. and "T" on hour subdial
Re: Serial No. and "T" on hour subdial
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE