The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Agree, Rich . . . Mark 3 is Second Rarest

I agree with you, Rich [yes, I seem to start a lot of postings with this phrase!!]

Mark 1 is the rarest of the three . . . and we see dials and hands generally in good condition, with the weak link being the bezel

Mark 3 is second rarest . . . but many of the ones on the market seem to have very white lume, lacking any real warmth; and many of the hand sets seem to have been replaced.

Mark 2 is the most common of the three . . . with condition varying pretty widely.

What took me so long with the search to replace the Mark 3 was finding one with good color. At their best, the colors are strong and vivid; at their worst, they can be kind of flat.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: A beauty Jeff and it may well be the 2nd rarest 1163GMT, after the
: 1st exec, we seem to have quite a few serials for the red needle
: 2nd exec now...

: R

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE