The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not this one
In Response To: Re: Not this one ()

No I didn't replace any of the O-rings or the gasket they were all in perfect condition. I don't think this one had ever been opened. There is a retaining ring which is visible once the bezel is off which unscrews to reveal a gasket, then you pop the crystal off and there is a movement retaining ring with an o-ring in a groove which faces upwards sealing the crystal from below. That pops out and there is another o-ring which sits in a recess in the case which seal the retaining ring as well. It is a very well put together watch and I would say was the subject of a lot of detailed engineering to get it to its 1,000m rating. I am hugely impressed with this watch even if some think it is an ugly duckling and am glad I took the plunge in buying it.

: Good to know Davy. Were you replacing any gaskets while you we're
: in there? I've never had any of my Super Pros opened up to know
: how the crystal is sealed or locked into place.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE