The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Meanwhile, Over at Hamilton . . . One Hell of a Re-Issue

I love Hamilton - I have 7 Hamilton watches and plan to acquire many more....(Jeff, if you ever tire of your panda dial Chronomatic w/original bracelet, please, please put me first on the list). And I love the design of this new piece, and I would love to own one of these. That being said....

The price point ($2k), the size (42mm) and the limited number to be produced make absolutely no sense.

Bringing the watch to market at $2,000 shows you that Hamilton is not marketing this to normal Hamilton watch buyers as Hamilton's normal average price point is just below $1,000 and producing only 1968 copies of the watch guarantees that Hamilton will not make a lot of money from this watch......which then begs the question; if its not for your average everyday Hamilton buyer, then who is it for?

Limited edition watches (and vintage inspired homages) are more often than not, marketed to passionate watch collectors, not everyday watch buyers, so why then size this (very beautiful, vintage inspired timepiece) at 42mm? Collectors and fans of the Chrono-Matic and "carrera-esque" Hamiltons from the 60s and early 70s certainly would want something between 38mm and 40mm (max) but 42mm? Thats big.

: It is big, but beautiful and I predict future versions to come from
: Hamilton in different colors, definitely getting one !!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE